From: Martin Herrman <martin@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] ASUS M2A-VM and kernel 2.6.27
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 07:11:34
1 On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 1:37 AM, David Relson <david@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > H'lo Branko,
4 >
5 > No nvidia. The M2A-VM mobo has builtin ATI Radeon X1200 capability so
6 > I have no need for a separate video card.
7 >
8 > As to the IOMMU, I've already changed the BIOS to allow the maximum
9 > memory usage (256MB) for the purpose. The change hasn't stopped the
10 > "IOMMU out of space" messages.
11 >
12 > I'm truly looking for someone running 64 bit gentoo on the M2A-VM mobo
13 > and using a new kernel with the CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU capability.
14 >
15 > Regards,
16 >
17 > David
18
19 there are lot's of bios updates for this board that fix
20 memory/compatibility issues. You might want to try latest BIOS, which
21 currently is version 2201 that was released 10th of November.
22
23 Martin