From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: coreutils-6.4 - cannot compile
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 08:42:02
1 Mauro Maroni <mmaroni@××××××.ar> posted
2 200611062236.11240.mmaroni@××××××.ar, excerpted below, on Mon, 06 Nov
3 2006 22:36:11 -0300:
4
5 > References: <454F6945.1090704@××××××××××××.org>
6
7 > Did anyone get a segmentation fault when installing coreutils-6.4? See
8 > build error below
9
10 See that references header I quoted above? That means you replied to a
12 happens), instead of starting a new thread. That's called hijacking a
13 thread, and is considered a violation of netiquette, as many people's
14 clients actually display threaded replies under the original post. If you
15 are replying, reply on topic. If you are starting a new topic, please do
16 it with a new post to a new thread, not a reply to an existing thread.
17
18 Briefly answering your question anyway... I have it merged here, which
19 means it must have merged just fine. According to the date on one of the
20 package files, I merged it Oct. 24th.
21
22 I'm not an i18n/l10n (internationalization/localization) expert by far, as
23 I do only English and thus turn most of that stuff off where I can.
24 However, if I'm not mistaken, po files are l10n related. A quick google
25 says the .ar in your email address is Argentina, so it's relatively likely
26 you are localized to something other than the en-us I use and that tends
27 to be the default unlocalized version. I'd do a bugsearch on
28 bugs.gentoo.org (don't forget to search on closed bugs too as it may have
29 just been fixed), and if there's nothing filed on the package that looks
30 like what you are seeing, file a bug report.
31
32 In the mean time, you /might/ be able to merge it USE=-nls if you don't
33 mind giving up the l10n stuff. That is how I have it merged and would be
34 my guess as to what controls the po file stuff.
35
36 Still, that bug report is worthwhile, as the segfault points to an issue
37 that needs resolved. (Be glad you aren't Estonian, "et" IIRC. From a few
38 bug reports I've read, that l10n is one of the worst, as the letters are
39 in a different order resulting in all sorts of unanticipated stuff
40 happening when the normal ordering assumptions prove incorrect. There's
41 an Estonian guy that has unfortunately had to become quite familiar with
42 bugzilla due to all the bugs he files as a result, but the devs appreciate
43 it as it points out bugs due to invalid assumptions, that nobody else
44 runs into.)
49 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
52 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list