From: Luigi Cristalli <luigi.cristalli@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64]emerge make my comp slow :(
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 00:42:02
1 Hi all,
2 may the solution be so trivial? (I hope so! :-D this can make your
3 gentoo working soon! :-)
4 Almost one year ago I helped a friend of mine to get a working gentoo
5 linux box on an Acer Ferrari (AMD 64). . I was surprised because it
6 was so slow when I tried to emerge something! :-D
7 Finally I found the DMA was off...can U believe? :-D
8 check it making:
9
10 #hdparm /dev/hda | grep using_dma
11
12 if it's set to 0 (off) we know our enemy! :-D
13