From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Bootproblem (monolithic kernel)
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 04:46:52
1 On Friday 02 December 2005 02:06, Florian D. wrote:
2 > I had a similar problem. In the end, I changed grub.conf and /etc/fstab.
3 > you can fool grub via the map command, but I hadn´t figured out a way to
4 > fool the kernel, too ;-)
5 >
6 > (but something strange remains: if I open a grub-shell via bash, the
7 > order of my disks will be totally different than if I would´ve opened it
8 > via the *boot*-grub shell)
9 Same for me with an Asus A8N-SLI Premium.
10 3 disks, 2 SATA and one IDE
11 BIOS is set to boot from the first SATA disk.
12
13 When booting the device order is like this:
14 (hd0) SATA 1
15 (hd1) IDE 1
16 (hd2) SATA 2
17
18 On a running system the disks are ordered like this:
19 (hd0) IDE 1
20 (hd1) SATA 1
21 (hd2) SATA 2
22
23 When I plugin a third SATA disk the order changes like this:
24 (hd0) SATA 1
25 (hd1) IDE 1
26 (hd2) SATA 2
27 (hd3) SATA 3