From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: xextproto - filesize does not match
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 11:48:29
1 Bernhard Auzinger <e0026053@×××××××××××××××××.at> posted
2 200709081124.50230.e0026053@×××××××××××××××××.at, excerpted below, on
3 Sat, 08 Sep 2007 11:24:50 +0200:
4
5 > Am Samstag 08 September 2007 schrieb Herbert Laubner:
6
7 >> On xextproto-7.0.2 the digest verification failed. Is there a change
8 >> giong on or is there a bugy file on the server?
9
10 > change the GENTOO_MIRROR and the digest verification will be ok. With
11 > gd.tuwien.ac.at I experienced the same. Change the mirror in your
12 > make.conf temporarily to the another gentoo-mirror and all will be fine.
13
14 It's not just the mirror, as 64.127.121.98 (owl.gentoo.org), which I
15 synced with, has the same issue. See my just previous post for more, but
16 briefly, it seems the upgrade to the just released xorg-7.3 caused an
17 update and Manifest regeneration on some not updated xorg packages as
18 well. This one, and apparently some others, are incorrect. (Either that
19 or xorg upstream stealth updated some files without changing versions, as
20 they've a history of doing, but at least with this one, they are still
21 shipping the old version direct off xorg.freedesktop.org. Again, see my
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
30 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list