From: Nuitari <nuitari@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Anybody else having problems with audio/vidio apps and glibc-2.5?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 01:58:52
1 > A great idea, but a DLT tape drive is well over $1000 here in New Zealand,
2 > and every tape drive I have seen is far more expensive than disk.
3 > My ideal solution would be to somehow back up to a drive on another
4 > machine on the network (assuming that is possible).
5
6 If you only need backups at specific times, the easiest is to set up a
7 Mirror (raid1) RAID and split the raid when the backup is needed.
8
9 That way if the updated system is non working you can easily switch the
10 hard drives and use the backup and readd the non working one back to the
11 raid.
15 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list