From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Where's the aviedemux GUI?
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:26:34
1 2008/4/3, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>:
2 >
3 > Beso wrote:
4 >
5 > > 2008/4/3, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>:
6 > >
7 > > > After going a few months without using it, I decided to unmerge
8 > > > avidemux
9 > > > as part of my regular maintenance. Of course, 5 minutes after I do
10 > > > that, I
11 > > > suddenly need it. I re-emerged it, but now it seems the GUI part is
12 > > > missing? It's been ages since I installed it, so is there another
13 > > > package I
14 > > > need to emerge now too?
15 > > >
18 > > for avidemux use the avidemux ebuild from the berkano overlay. it is
19 > > updated
20 > > and works very well even if it is a svn version. i use it myself and
21 > > never
22 > > had troubles.
23 > > also you'll need one of these use flags:
24 > >
25 > > *- gtk*
26 > > *- qt4*
27 > >
28 > > but not both. i use kde and thus i removed gtk and used qt4. using both
29 > > might have it go mad when trying to start the gui.
32 > Sweet. I thought that might have been the case after giving it some
33 > thought. Since I use KDE as well, I chose the qt4 flag, and it works, but
34 > the buttons don't display anything on them. Makes navigating a bit of a
35 > pain. How'd you fix that?
38 i personally don't have this problem, but to me it seems something wrong
39 with the qt rendering. try first to see if the qt styles are ok, by going
40 into the control center and applying a new style and then the old style. if
41 this still doesn't work then look if you've got installed cairo with svg use
42 flag (it would be better to have it set as global use flag) and glitz (i
43 don't remember if it needs also the svg flag).
44 then do a revdep-rebuild and another qtconfig. and see if this happens
45 again.
49 dott. ing. beso