From: Sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kernel recompile?
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:55:39
1 Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > Sean wrote:
3 >> it always displays the line
4 >> if [ -r System.map -a -x /sbin/depmod ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F
5 >> System.map 2.6.16-gentoo-r9; fi
6 >>
7 >> then just a prompt display.
8 >
9 > It seems correct to me. Now you have to install the kernel image.
10 > Now the kernel image is compiled and can be found in
11 > /usr/src/linux/arch/x86_64/boot/bzImage
12 > (replace x86_64 with your arch. This is the gentoo-amd64 list, therefore
13 > I suppose it is x86_64)
14 >
15 > Let me ask you something: How did you install your previous kernel - by
16 > the live-cd installer, by genkernel or manually? Because my previous
17 > (real) reply involves manual installation with lilo?
20 With the line the way it was ending, I thought that it was some sort of
21 error.
22 I do not recall seeing such a line in the past when I built the kernel
23 for my system, which is an amd64 SMP box.
24
25 I used the min install CD and followed the Gentoo docs using the manual
26 install.
27
28 Thanks for the help Daniel.
29 Sean
30
31 P.S. Hard to believe this whole ride started just cause I wanted to
32 build Openoffice.
33 --
34 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list