From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Mount iomegs 1tb external HD
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 14:10:07
1 On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:36 AM, Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I have just bought a ionega 1 tb external hard disc but can not write to it.
3 > It is automatically mounted to media:/sdf1 but when I check the permissions
4 > they are for mu user name, group root, owner "can view Contents". Group and
5 > others "forbidden". I have tried as user and root to change permissions but I
6 > just get an error message saying "Could not change permissions
7 > for /media/iomega/HDD/System Volume Information. The disc is pre-formatted
8 > with NTFS and I will want to be able to connect it to windows some times.
9 > Thanks for any help
10 > Paul
11
12 If you want to then you can go the other way which is to install an
13 ext3 driver in Windows and format the drive as ext2 or ext3. I use it
14 and it works for me although I haven't tried it on an external drive.
15
16 http://www.fs-driver.org/faq.html
17
18 Cheers,