From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Mount iomegs 1tb external HD
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:34:13
1 I have just bought a ionega 1 tb external hard disc but can not write to it.
2 It is automatically mounted to media:/sdf1 but when I check the permissions
3 they are for mu user name, group root, owner "can view Contents". Group and
4 others "forbidden". I have tried as user and root to change permissions but I
5 just get an error message saying "Could not change permissions
6 for /media/iomega/HDD/System Volume Information. The disc is pre-formatted
7 with NTFS and I will want to be able to connect it to windows some times.
8 Thanks for any help
9 Paul
10 --
11 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux