From: Chris Faulkner <cfaulkner70@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Mount iomegs 1tb external HD
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:45:29
1 Install ntfs-3g
2
3 emerge ntfs3g
6 On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 7:36 AM, Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
7
8 > I have just bought a ionega 1 tb external hard disc but can not write to
9 > it.
10 > It is automatically mounted to media:/sdf1 but when I check the permissions
11 > they are for mu user name, group root, owner "can view Contents". Group and
12 > others "forbidden". I have tried as user and root to change permissions but
13 > I
14 > just get an error message saying "Could not change permissions
15 > for /media/iomega/HDD/System Volume Information. The disc is pre-formatted
16 > with NTFS and I will want to be able to connect it to windows some times.
17 > Thanks for any help
18 > Paul
19 > --
20 > This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux