From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Mount iomegs 1tb external HD
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:37:22
1 Paul Stear wrote:
2 > I have just bought a ionega 1 tb external hard disc but can not write to it.
3 > It is automatically mounted to media:/sdf1 but when I check the permissions
4 > they are for mu user name, group root, owner "can view Contents". Group and
5 > others "forbidden". I have tried as user and root to change permissions but I
6 > just get an error message saying "Could not change permissions
7 > for /media/iomega/HDD/System Volume Information. The disc is pre-formatted
8 > with NTFS and I will want to be able to connect it to windows some times.
9 > Thanks for any help
10 > Paul
11
12 Just to clarify, are you mounting the fs with ntfs3g? Have you tried
13 unmounting and remounting manually?
17 Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
18 quadraturae circuli
19
20 Mark Haney
21 Sr. Systems Administrator
22 ERC Broadband
23 (828) 350-2415
24
25 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support