From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo AMD64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] eth device vanished
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 17:10:54
1 On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Barry Schwartz
2 <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> skribis:
4 >> Whoa! I'm so glad I made the choice to not use that mess known as udev.
5 >>
6 >> -- and I hope I will always have that choice.
7 >
8 > I do, too. Fortunately the kernel folk don’t get caught up in these
9 > fads that grip upon the minds of some userspace developers; and
10 > fortunately Gentoo is very, very conservative.
11 >
12 > I was running udev but switched to a sort of middle ground before it
13 > was too late, Gentoo’s own eudev.
17 I guess from the tone of your response eudev is going OK for you? I
18 was interested in trying it but the documentation seems weak at this
19 point:
20
21 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/eudev/
22
23 Is this still the best Gentoo page on the project? (I hope not!) The
24 fork was announced last December so it's been 4 months. As a (mostly)
25 stable user I'm hesitant to invest the time without more info.
26
27 Thanks,
28 Mark