From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] eth device vanished
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 17:50:57
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> skribis:
2 > On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Barry Schwartz
3 > <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org> wrote:
4 > > I was running udev but switched to a sort of middle ground before it
5 > > was too late, Gentoo’s own eudev.
9 > I guess from the tone of your response eudev is going OK for you? I
10 > was interested in trying it but the documentation seems weak at this
11 > point:
12 >
13 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/eudev/
14 >
15 > Is this still the best Gentoo page on the project? (I hope not!) The
16 > fork was announced last December so it's been 4 months. As a (mostly)
17 > stable user I'm hesitant to invest the time without more info.
18
19 I don’t know. I just switched without paying much attention, rather
20 than go through the upgrade to the latest systemd-chauvinist versions
21 of udev. It was either that or freeze my udev version for as long as
22 possible, to avoid getting caught in the whirlpool. I did have trouble
23 finding documentation and instead just played around until I got
24 successfully switched over.