From: "P.V.Anthony" <pvantony@×××××××××××.sg>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] HighPoint RocketRAID 2320 using Marvell drivers
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 23:51:43
1 On this day, 22-May-2007 12:57 AM, Bob Sanders wrote:
2 > P.V.Anthony, mused, then expounded:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I was wondering if it is possible to use the Marvell drivers to access
6 >> the sata drives connected to the HighPoint RocketRAID 2320 raid card.
7 >>
8 >> I would like to treat the RocketRAID 2320 as just a sata card and use
9 >> the linux software raid. This way I am not locked to a card.
10 >>
11 >> Is there any patch available? Any links?
14 > Can the card be put into AHCI mode? That mode will allow the AHCI
15 > driver to handle the drives via software raid.
16
17 Thank you for replying.
18
19 Looking at the card bios, there is no such setting.
20
21 P.V.Anthony
22 --
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list