From: Herbert Laubner <hlaubner@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] startx fails with backtrace and no errors
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 08:54:41
1 An emerge --info would also be good.
2
3 Am 10.04.2009 um 08:55 schrieb Volker Armin Hemmann:
4
5 > On Freitag 10 April 2009, Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
6 >> This is a new system, I've never manged to start X yet at all.
7 >>
8 >> Initially I had lots of (failed to load module) errors for various
9 >> modules, & "module ABI major version (1) doesn't match the server's
10 >> version (4)"
11 >>
12 >> got rid of all of the "failed to load module" errors & turned the ABI
13 >> error into a warning via a xorg.conf ServerFlag setting.
14 >>
15 >> Now that warning is the only thing unusual in the Xorg.0.log file.
16 >>
17 >> When I do startx, it backtraces. I can't see how to proceed as all
18 >> googling ABI turned up was "ignore it".
19 >
20 > how about posting this errors? like the whole Xorg.0.log?