From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] startx fails with backtrace and no errors
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 06:56:04
1 On Freitag 10 April 2009, Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
2 > This is a new system, I've never manged to start X yet at all.
3 >
4 > Initially I had lots of (failed to load module) errors for various
5 > modules, & "module ABI major version (1) doesn't match the server's
6 > version (4)"
7 >
8 > got rid of all of the "failed to load module" errors & turned the ABI
9 > error into a warning via a xorg.conf ServerFlag setting.
10 >
11 > Now that warning is the only thing unusual in the Xorg.0.log file.
12 >
13 > When I do startx, it backtraces. I can't see how to proceed as all
14 > googling ABI turned up was "ignore it".
15
16 how about posting this errors? like the whole Xorg.0.log?