From: Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Java problem
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 15:06:03
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > installed so it seems to be an AMD64 issue. Note that the AMD64 box
4 > uses firefox-bin while the 32-bit machine uses Firefox from source.
5
6 that is why :)
7
8 your amd64 is running a 32-bit firefox, and you installed a 64-bit java.
9
10 install the firefox from source and you'll have a 64-bit firefox, but
11 beware.. you won't get flash to work.
12
13 that's why I created a 32-bit chroot. amd64 just seems to work better
14 with it. I'm not sure how you could install a 32-bit java in the 64-bit
15 environment with out a 32-bit chroot. Maybe you could slot it? you'd
16 still have to build your own ebuild for it, maybe change your profile?
17 Give a different CHOST or CFLAG for that ebuild so it would build the
18 32-bit version?
19
20 Sounds way more of a headache as compared to just installing a 32-bit
21 chroot.
22 --
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list