From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: gcc 4.1.2 and esound
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 11:50:31
1 "Mark Haney" <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> posted
2 45EF4071.3000904@××××××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Wed, 07 Mar 2007
3 17:45:05 -0500:
4
5 > Has anyone else upgraded to gcc 4.1.2 and failed to get esound to
6 > compile?
7 > My CFLAGS are really simple, but I can't get esound to compile at all.
8 > I
9 > didn't want to file a bug report until I've heard from someone else to
10 > see if the fix is out there.
11
12 Yeah, I know this is over a week old, but just testing it...
13
14 You didn't specify which version of esound, but gcc-4.1.2 here, full
15 ~amd64 system, esound-0.2.37 gets thru the ebuild compile and install
16 steps just fine. I didn't actually qmerge it as I don't need it, but as
17 I said, it gets thru the ebuild compile and install steps just fine, and
18 that's where you said it was failing you.
19
20 If your system is partly stable, partly ~amd64, perhaps that's it. It
21 may need a later version of something else you have merged only as stable.
22
23 Or maybe you were trying an older esound, which may not work with the
24 newer compiler. 0.2.36-r2 is the latest stable, 0.2.37 is the latest
25 ~arch and thus what I tested, on this fully ~arch system.
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
33 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list