From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: gcc 4.1.2 and esound
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:51:19
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > "Mark Haney" <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> posted
3 > 45EF4071.3000904@××××××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Wed, 07 Mar 2007
4 > 17:45:05 -0500:
5 >
6 >> Has anyone else upgraded to gcc 4.1.2 and failed to get esound to
7 >> compile?
8 >> My CFLAGS are really simple, but I can't get esound to compile at all.
9 >> I
10 >> didn't want to file a bug report until I've heard from someone else to
11 >> see if the fix is out there.
12 >
13 > Yeah, I know this is over a week old, but just testing it...
14 >
15 > You didn't specify which version of esound, but gcc-4.1.2 here, full
16 > ~amd64 system, esound-0.2.37 gets thru the ebuild compile and install
17 > steps just fine. I didn't actually qmerge it as I don't need it, but as
18 > I said, it gets thru the ebuild compile and install steps just fine, and
19 > that's where you said it was failing you.
20 >
21 > If your system is partly stable, partly ~amd64, perhaps that's it. It
22 > may need a later version of something else you have merged only as stable.
23 >
24 > Or maybe you were trying an older esound, which may not work with the
25 > newer compiler. 0.2.36-r2 is the latest stable, 0.2.37 is the latest
26 > ~arch and thus what I tested, on this fully ~arch system.
29 Hi Duncan, Actually this does help a bit, but I must admit I screwed up
30 posting to this list as a day or so after I sent it, I realized the
31 machine with the esound compile problem is an x86 not amd64. Duh. But
32 I think it's fixed now, I'm compiling it now with ~x86 to see if that
33 fixes it.
37 Ita erat quando hic adveni.
38
39 Mark Haney