From: Francesco Talamona <ti.liame@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: gcc 4.1.1 access violation
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:59:28
1 On Monday 30 October 2006 20:19, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > you have experienced it. You just don't see it. Somewhere in your
3 > filesystem are files, that should not be there. Files, that portage
4 > does not know about and that won't be removed, when the package gets
5 > uninstalled.
6 I ran findcruft some months ago, and it found some cruft around, but
7 nothing really dangerous. Of course was impossible to track back every
8 mud spot...
9
10 > If a package does not build with sandbox, it is broken. Open a bug.
11 Anyway, I just followed your advice and unset "-sandbox" fom my
12 FEATURES. I really don't need it (anymore).
13
14 If anything tries to escape its sandbox should be considered potentially
15 dangerous, lesson learned.
16
17 Thanks
18 Francesco
19 --
20 Linux Version 2.6.18-gentoo-r1, Compiled #1 PREEMPT Wed Oct 18 22:52:55
22 One 1.8GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 2GB RAM, 3607.13 Bogomips Total
23 aemaeth
24 --
25 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list