From: Luis Gustavo Vilela de Oliveira <luisgustavo.vilela@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Keyboard Stops Working Under X
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 21:03:30
1 What input drivers you're using?
4 2012/11/14 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
5
6 > Hello,
7 >
8 > Lately I have been experiencing a strange problem. Under X my USB keyboard
9 > will suddenly stop working. If I press some keys they will not appear in
10 > an
11 > X console or in any other application. There is no warning. It just
12 > will sporadically stop working. Usually, if I wait for several minutes
13 > the keys will start working again.
14 >
15 > Fortunately, the USB mouse will continue to function normally during these
16 > episodes. If I then immediately shutdown X using some mouse clicks, I will
17 > again have a working keyboard. Also, the last few keys I had pressed
18 > before
19 > shutting down X will appear in my console. This would mean that the key
20 > presses are detected and placed into the buffer but somehow the X
21 > applications
22 > do not receive them.
23 >
24 > I cannot pinpoint the start of this behavior to any specific system
25 > changes,
26 > but I suspect that the latest nvidia-drivers may be the source of the
27 > problem.
28 > The problem seems to coincide with one of the several nvidia updates, but
29 > this is still a guess.
30 >
31 > My system is updated daily and I use only the Fvwm window manager (no
32 > Gnome or K).
33 >
34 > How can I debug this further? Both the kernel log and the X log show
35 > nothing
36 > whatever.
37 >
38 > Frank Peters