From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Obligatory KDE4 question.
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 00:25:07
1 "Mark Haney" <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> posted
2 47D93B98.5030102@××××××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Thu, 13 Mar 2008
3 10:35:04 -0400:
4
5 > Duncan, as always your comments are insightful and worth reading. I
6 > appreciate your input, and will likely hold off for the time being. I
7 > don't have the time to muck around with it as much as I want to.
8
9 That was sort of my original problem, too. =8^( I have a fast enough
10 machine that once I got past the initial (then) still buggy ebuild
11 dependency issues, recompiling wasn't an issue (a couple hours for all of
12 KDE4, an hour if I did it daily due to ccache having most everything).
13 However, actually getting the time to check it out and see whether I was
14 simply not seeing options or whether they weren't there... took awhile.
19 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
22 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list