From: Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Gentoo crashing?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:10:59
1 Ok, so I compiled a new kernel, and it seemed to work. I booted the new
2 kernel, I was able to unzip and install dhcpcd, ndiswrapper, wireless-tools,
3 and cab extract. Then, once the wireless was working, I tried emerge
4 --search dhcpcd, because gentoo apparently doesn't like my manually
5 configured dhcpcd.... CRASH! I ran memtest86+, as suggested, and it got to
6 at least 30% without a failure. I'll try it again, but at least 30% of my
7 memory is in tact. I'll try to emerge some other things, and see how it
8 goes.
9
10 -Peter
11