From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Boycott Systemd
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 19:46:17
1 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> skribis:
2 > So, I will finish with this: if you really believe that there are no
3 > more new arguments for new paradigms and design principles, and that
4 > PDP-11 Unix is the answer to life, the universe, and everything, then
5 > go out and find and kill Buddha, please.
6
7 Implications that one is being a quasi-religious mystic are among the
8 predictable responses to criticism of current practices. As I say, the
9 arguments go round and round in this field.
10
11 We will, for instance, continue to have the article that says if only
12 we copied what civil engineers do then everything would be okay. (It
13 is the same article, ‘written’ over and over and over again. Somewhere
14 I have a copy of the expansion of it into an entire book.)