From: John Myers <electronerd@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: urgent: Segfaults after synchronously emerging|downloading 30GB|burnng a DVD iso image
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 16:23:17
1 On Monday 29 May 2006 09:11, Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
2 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > What tool or command do you use to make your copies? I remember seeing an
4 > > invocation of tar piped to tar to ensure that all dates, permissions etc
5 > > are preserved, even on pipes and other esoteric things, but my memory
6 > > being what it is of course I can't remember it.
7 >
8 > Maybe: cd /sourcedir; tar -cpf - . | (cd /destdir; tar -xvf -)
9 >
10 perhaps
11 cp -a
12 would be simpler?
13 --
14 #
15 # electronerd, the electronerdian from electronerdia
16 #