From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: urgent: Segfaults after synchronously emerging|downloading 30GB|burnng a DVD iso image
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 17:32:54
1 John Myers wrote:
2 > On Monday 29 May 2006 09:11, Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
3 >
4 >>Peter Humphrey wrote:
5 >>
6 >>>What tool or command do you use to make your copies? I remember seeing an
7 >>>invocation of tar piped to tar to ensure that all dates, permissions etc
8 >>>are preserved, even on pipes and other esoteric things, but my memory
9 >>>being what it is of course I can't remember it.
10 >>
11 >>Maybe: cd /sourcedir; tar -cpf - . | (cd /destdir; tar -xvf -)
14 > perhaps
15 > cp -a
16 > would be simpler?
17
18 My experience is that cp -a is much slower than tar.
19
20 Tony
23 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
24 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
25 -- Benjamin Franklin
26 --
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list