From: Aggelos <marmango@××××××××.gr>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] BUG: soft lockup detected on CPU#0!
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:22:53
1 Mike Owen wrote:
2 > On 1/27/06, Aggelos <marmango@××××××××.gr> wrote:
3 >
4 >>Machine holds for a few seconds at the:
5 >>Probing IDE interface ide1...
6 >>(just before it reports the BUG:....)
7 >>and then continues on, booting normaly.
8 >>Is this a bug?
9 >>I include complete dmesg, lspci and .config.
10 >>Aggelos.
15 > I have the same issue on some Sparc hardware. It only happens when the
16 > IDE controller has nothing on it. If I attach a cd-rom, it'll boot
17 > without messages. Try attaching something to the ide controller, and
18 > see if you still get that message.
19 >
20 > BTW, I get this running gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r1, so it's not
21 > something specific to vanilla-sources.
22 >
23 > Mike
24 >
25 I am also running gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r1.
26 It must have something to do with the IDE controller.
27 The controller wasn't empty. It had (and still has) an ide HDD and two
28 DVDRW/CDRW-combo drives on it.
29
30 I changed my .config, removing various features that were probably
31 unneeded, rebuilt a new kernel and the problem doesn't occur any more.
32 Thanks anyway, for your reply.
33 Aggelos
38 http://www.freemail.gr - äùñåÜí õðçñåóßá çëåêôñïíéêïý ôá÷õäñïìåßïõ.
39 http://www.freemail.gr - free email service for the Greek-speaking.