From: Mike Owen <kyphros@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] BUG: soft lockup detected on CPU#0!
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 00:15:51
1 On 1/27/06, Aggelos <marmango@××××××××.gr> wrote:
2 > Machine holds for a few seconds at the:
3 > Probing IDE interface ide1...
4 > (just before it reports the BUG:....)
5 > and then continues on, booting normaly.
6 > Is this a bug?
7 > I include complete dmesg, lspci and .config.
8 > Aggelos.
12 I have the same issue on some Sparc hardware. It only happens when the
13 IDE controller has nothing on it. If I attach a cd-rom, it'll boot
14 without messages. Try attaching something to the ide controller, and
15 see if you still get that message.
16
17 BTW, I get this running gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r1, so it's not
18 something specific to vanilla-sources.
19
20 Mike
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list