From: Rodolphe Rocca <fake2@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How can I capture enough debug info to make a good bug report?
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:22:28
1 Ângelo Miguel Arrifano wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 07:04:42 -0700
3 > "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> Hi,
7 >> On a subscriber web site I am seeing a consistent problem with both
8 >> Firefox & Firefox-bin. When I click a specific link the browser
9 >> crashes with a seg fault:
10 >>
11 >> mark@lightning ~ $ firefox-bin
12 >> No running windows found
13 >> /usr/libexec/mozilla-launcher: line 119: 6108 Segmentation fault
14 >> $(type -P aoss) "$mozbin" "$@"
15 >> firefox-bin exited with non-zero status (139)
16 >> mark@lightning ~ $ firefox
17 >> No running windows found
18 >> Removing /home/mark/.mozilla/firefox/ipm4osof.default/compreg.dat
19 >> leftover from older firefox
20 >> /usr/libexec/mozilla-launcher: line 119: 6149 Segmentation fault
21 >> $(type -P aoss) "$mozbin" "$@"
22 >> firefox-bin exited with non-zero status (139)
23 >> mark@lightning ~ $
24 >>
25 >> Note that I see Firefox crashing on my Windows Vista box also, but
26 >> Internet Explorer does not, so this doesn't seem to me to be a Linux
27 >> issue specifically.
28 >>
29 >> How can I get enough info to pass along to someone and have it be useful?
30 >>
31 >> Thanks,
32 >> Mark
33 >> --
34 >> gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
38 > You can also look at this guide:
39 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml [gentoo.org]
40 >
41 Cool, yet another very valuable work from diego !
42
43 I was wondering why I wasn't getting core files on my gentoo when I
44 found the "ulimit -c unlimited" command in this guide.
45
46 Now in my bookmarks !
50 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list