From: "Ângelo Miguel Arrifano" <miknix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Cc: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How can I capture enough debug info to make a good bug report?
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:05:46
1 On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 07:04:42 -0700
2 "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 > On a subscriber web site I am seeing a consistent problem with both
6 > Firefox & Firefox-bin. When I click a specific link the browser
7 > crashes with a seg fault:
8 >
9 > mark@lightning ~ $ firefox-bin
10 > No running windows found
11 > /usr/libexec/mozilla-launcher: line 119: 6108 Segmentation fault
12 > $(type -P aoss) "$mozbin" "$@"
13 > firefox-bin exited with non-zero status (139)
14 > mark@lightning ~ $ firefox
15 > No running windows found
16 > Removing /home/mark/.mozilla/firefox/ipm4osof.default/compreg.dat
17 > leftover from older firefox
18 > /usr/libexec/mozilla-launcher: line 119: 6149 Segmentation fault
19 > $(type -P aoss) "$mozbin" "$@"
20 > firefox-bin exited with non-zero status (139)
21 > mark@lightning ~ $
22 >
23 > Note that I see Firefox crashing on my Windows Vista box also, but
24 > Internet Explorer does not, so this doesn't seem to me to be a Linux
25 > issue specifically.
26 >
27 > How can I get enough info to pass along to someone and have it be useful?
28 >
29 > Thanks,
30 > Mark
31 > --