From: Martin Herrman <martin@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: kde-base components blocking each other
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 07:49:34
1 On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 6:42 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2
3 Hi Duncan,
6 > Note that newer versions of portage have /automatic/ blocker resolution
7 > in many temporary cases, so depending on how old your portage is (of
8 > course I'm on ~amd64 and have had 3.5.10 for months now, and don't know
9 > if the feature is in stable portage yet), if at the --ask prompt, you
10 > tell it to go ahead, it may well take care of everything for you without
11 > you having to do anything else. =:^)
14 in which version was this feature added? I just upgraded portage to 2.1.6.13
15 and could upgrade to 2.2.x, but that one is hard masked:
16
17 http://www.gentoo-portage.com/sys-apps/portage
18
19 I will now just give it a try: start to unmerge the blocked packages and
20 update my system. We'll see :-)
21
22 Martin