From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Best Desktop Patchset for kernel
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 04:29:21
1 On Wednesday 05 October 2005 05:40, Jared Lindsay wrote:
2 > Eh? Like to destroy filesystems? Not sure what nitro you're talking
3 > about...
6 I am not sure if it was nitro, love or any other of the 'forum kernels'.
7 But even if nitro was not the fs-damaging one, why don't we ask ciaranm what
8 he thinks about nitro:
9
10 >Try using a non-broken set of kernel sources.
11
12 well, that was pretty clear, but wait, there are more, like this one:
13
14 >| This almost sounds like the start of a flame war. Everyone has their
15 >| opinion and is entitled to it.
16
17 >Yes, but some of them (for example, anyone advocating love- or nitro-)
18 >are wrong.
19
20 or this little piece:
21
22 > | I'm using 2.6.9-nitro1 now.
23 > | anyone met with the same problem? How to solve it?
24 >
25 > Stop using broken kernels.
26
27 You can find more by just typing 'ciaranm' and 'nitro' into the search engine
28 of your choice.
29
30 Ok, it is only one voice of reason, but I never found a dev advocating
31 nitro-sources - only forum-users.
32 And that should ring one or two bells.
33
34 Glück Auf
35 Volker
38 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list