From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: pyQt and Karamba
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 14:00:19
1 "Mark Haney" <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> posted
2 486B63C8.8000205@××××××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Wed, 02 Jul 2008
3 07:17:28 -0400:
4
5 > Duncan wrote:
6 >> "Mark Haney":
7 >>
8 >>> I had to re-emerge python because of a QT4 USE flag I missed on an
9 >>> update and now my LiquidWeather bombs (and takes Superkaramba with
10 >>> it).
11 >>> It tells me 'pyQT is not installed, which is a critical
12 >>> component...'
13 >>> whatever the rest of the message was I don't recall, but the point is
14 >>> it's telling me PyQT is not installed, but it is. I re-emerged it
15 >>> /and/ karamba and it still bombs. Any idea on how I debug this?
16 >>
17 >> Have you tried revdep-rebuild yet? What about python-updater? I'd try
18 >> those too scripts to fix things before getting too worried.
19 >>
20 > Yeah, I tried both of them. I'm not that worried about it at the
21 > moment, but it is kinda aggravating.
22
23 Just took another look, and I /think/ I might have figured out your
24 problem. Actually, I stumbled upon it trying to figure out package name
25 case when looking to see what I had merged here, as all the combinations
26 (pyqt, pyQT, etc) I was trying weren't returning anything, yet I was
27 /sure/ I had it merged!
28
29 Question: /Which/ PyQt do you have installed/merged? A quick esearch
30 pyqt (case insensitive! =8^) gave me two results (misc. inapropos
31 snipped):
32
33 [ Results for search key : pyqt ]
34 [ Applications found : 2 ]
35 * dev-python/PyQt
36 * dev-python/PyQt4
37
38 So I suspect that if you needed the qt4 USE flag, you probably need PyQt4
39 as well, and you only have PyQt (version 3) merged (or possibly the other
40 way around). Maybe that's another USE flag issue? If not, maybe it's a
41 dependency bug.
42
43 Of course, if you have both PyQt and PyQt4 merged, we're back at square
44 one again.
49 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
52 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list