From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Keyboard Stops Working Under X
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 00:06:38
1 On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 16:45:27 -0500, Frank Peters
2 <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 > For the moment, at least, my solution will be to
4 > stop and then restart X.
5
6 If I may, I suggest that you try the evdev solution that some others have
7 pointed out. The package is xf86-input-evdev, and it replaced your mouse
8 and keyboard drivers as one unified driver. I believe it may require
9 adjusting your xorg.conf since you have a custom one.
10
11 According to [0], which admittedly did not cite a source (and I'm lazy so
12 I didn't do much searching), the evdev driver obsoletes the keyboard and
13 mouse driver. I seem to recall that there was a Gentoo news or something
14 about this a while back too, saying that keyboard and mouse were obsolete,
15 but I again am lazy and haven't even attempted to find that :)
16
17 [0] http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/X.Org/Mouse
20 R