From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Keyboard Stops Working Under X
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 03:02:51
1 On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 17:06:54 -0500
2 "Randy Barlow" <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > If I may, I suggest that you try the evdev solution that some others have
6 > pointed out.
9 Yes, I have known about evdev for a long time, but since everything has
10 worked very well on my system I have had no motivation to change. "If it
11 ain't broke, don't fix it."
12
13 I can research what needs to be done to change over to using evdev.
14
15 But if the legacy keyboard and mouse drivers have been made obsolete
16 by evdev, then why are they still being distributed? Is it only to
17 accommodate older systems?
18
19 Frank Peters