From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: .local/share/Trash/
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:39:32
1 On Wednesday 30 August 2006 19:16, Duncan wrote:
2 > "Hemmann, Volker Armin" <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> posted
3 > 200608301650.41203.volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de, excerpted below,
4 >
5 > on Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:50:41 +0200:
6 > > there is a simple solution: don't use trash. remove the stuff.
7 > >
8 > > Instead of del, hit shift-del.
9 >
10 > Or remap as I did, so delete is delete, and trash has no accel.
11
12 well... no.
13
14 I have hit 'del' accidentally several times, and I was glad, that I a) had
15 turn on confirmation and b) removing is shift-del. Remaping is not an
16 alternative for me. This is reserved for people with better 'finger control'.
17
18 > There's
19 > also a config option to return the delete option to the context menu.
20 > Control Center > KDE Components > File Manager > Behavior tab, near the
21 > bottom.
22
23 yeah, and maybe turn on confirmation. ... is might save you some headaches.
24 --
25 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list