From: Jamie <gentoo@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Lack of 'ondemand' power govenor
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 23:05:17
1 I am setting up Gentoo 2006.1 on an AMD64 3200+ (socket 939, Albatron
2 K8NF4U motherboard, Zalman PSU) and I do not have either of ondemand or
3 convservative power govenors available.
4
5 AMD Cool 'n' Quiet is enabled in the BIOS and a dmesg | grep powernow hows
6 three available frequencies.
9 My initial kernel was genkernel generated, but a "properly" complied
10 kernel telling it to use both of these govenors does not appear to have
11 them either.
12
13 I am using the latest gentoo-sources and all packages are up to date
14 according to an emerge -uD world
15
16 Can anyone offer me any ideas on this, a day of Googling has not turned up
17 anything I have found the be useful (although my Google-fu has been proven
18 to be weak before)
19
20 Thanks
21