From: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Lack of 'ondemand' power govenor
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 13:41:11
1 Jamie wrote:
2 > I am setting up Gentoo 2006.1 on an AMD64 3200+ (socket 939, Albatron
3 > K8NF4U motherboard, Zalman PSU) and I do not have either of ondemand or
4 > convservative power govenors available.
5 >
6 > AMD Cool 'n' Quiet is enabled in the BIOS and a dmesg | grep powernow hows
7 > three available frequencies.
10 > My initial kernel was genkernel generated, but a "properly" complied
11 > kernel telling it to use both of these govenors does not appear to have
12 > them either.
13 >
14 > I am using the latest gentoo-sources and all packages are up to date
15 > according to an emerge -uD world
16 >
17 > Can anyone offer me any ideas on this, a day of Googling has not turned up
18 > anything I have found the be useful (although my Google-fu has been proven
19 > to be weak before)
23 Unless you are building a distribution or only want this feature running
24 some of the time; why not just compile the code into the kernel rather
25 than compile it as a module?
26
27 Tom Veldhouse
32 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list