From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] my amd64 system is not recognised at linux-*-64
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 13:38:04
1 On Thursday 23 April 2009 14:26:39 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Donnerstag 23 April 2009, Markos Chandras wrote:
3 > > Hello There,
4 > >
5 > > I asked about this on #gentoo-amd64, but I ll be quite busy and I might
6 > > miss the answer.
7 > >
8 > > So
9 > >
10 > > I have a problem with qt-creator installation on amd64
11 > >
12 > > Take a look on this code
13 > >
14 > > linux-*-64 {
15 > > IDE_LIBRARY_BASENAME = lib64
16 > > } else {
17 > > IDE_LIBRARY_BASENAME = lib
18 > > }
19 > >
20 > > According to this, when the system is amd64, libraries should be
21 > > installed under lib64/ directory, else they will be installed on lib/
22 > > directory.
23 > >
24 > > The thing is that on my amd64 system, they install on lib/ directory. Do
25 > > you have any ideas why it fails to pick the right directory?
26 > >
27 > > My features are
28 > >
29 > > Eternity ~ # portageq envvar FEATURES
30 > > buildpkg ccache distlocks fixpackages metadata-transfer parallel-fetch
31 > > preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans
32 > > userfetch
35 > > I tried to add multilib on FEATURES but it didnt solve this issue
36 > >
37 > > Thanks :)
38 >
39 > you don't add multilib to features. You have to use a multilib profile!
40 > If you use this one:
41 > default/linux/amd64/2008.0/desktop
42 >
43 > you are using a multilib profile.
44 >
45 > I would say its a bug in the ebuild - it ends in /usr/lib here too.
46 >
47 > why it doesn't use get_libdir to get the right lib to install into is a
48 > question best answered by the author(s) of the ebuild.
49 I am the author of the ebuild :)
50
51 Until 1.0.0 version, $(get_libdir) was the solution to this problem
52
53 I guess I could do some ugly hacking there in order to fix that as well but I
54 would prefer a cleaner solution
55
56 In any case, I am running correct profile, so I think it is a 'qt-creator'
57 specific bug.
58
59 I have already opened a discussion with upstream :)
60
61 Thanks
62 --
63 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)