From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] my amd64 system is not recognised at linux-*-64
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 13:26:48
1 On Donnerstag 23 April 2009, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > Hello There,
3 >
4 > I asked about this on #gentoo-amd64, but I ll be quite busy and I might
5 > miss the answer.
6 >
7 > So
8 >
9 > I have a problem with qt-creator installation on amd64
10 >
11 > Take a look on this code
12 >
13 > linux-*-64 {
14 > IDE_LIBRARY_BASENAME = lib64
15 > } else {
16 > IDE_LIBRARY_BASENAME = lib
17 > }
18 >
19 > According to this, when the system is amd64, libraries should be installed
20 > under lib64/ directory, else they will be installed on lib/ directory.
21 >
22 > The thing is that on my amd64 system, they install on lib/ directory. Do
23 > you have any ideas why it fails to pick the right directory?
24 >
25 > My features are
26 >
27 > Eternity ~ # portageq envvar FEATURES
28 > buildpkg ccache distlocks fixpackages metadata-transfer parallel-fetch
29 > preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans
30 > userfetch
33 > I tried to add multilib on FEATURES but it didnt solve this issue
34 >
35 > Thanks :)
36
37 you don't add multilib to features. You have to use a multilib profile!
38 If you use this one:
39 default/linux/amd64/2008.0/desktop
40
41 you are using a multilib profile.
42
43 I would say its a bug in the ebuild - it ends in /usr/lib here too.
44
45 why it doesn't use get_libdir to get the right lib to install into is a
46 question best answered by the author(s) of the ebuild.