From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Troubleshooting XComposite
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 14:30:00
1 2009/1/3 Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>:
2 > On Samstag 03 Januar 2009, Beso wrote:
3 >> 2009/1/2 Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>:
4 >> >> Check the symlinks in your system. Give us your xorg.0.log.
5 >> >> For me (using some leaked 9.1beta) I have to restart X to get glx (and
6 >> >> composite) for some mysterious reasons.
7 >> >
8 >> > Here's the log. Restarting doesn't help. If by "check the symlinks" you
9 >> > mean the OpenGL symlinks, those are correct. Direct rendering works, and
10 >> > video acceleration works, too. (A lot better than with the old driver.)
11 >>
12 >> for the symlinks you just need to see eselect opengl show to see if it
13 >> points to the right driver, but from your log i seem to see that it is set
14 >> right.
15 >
16 > no.
17 > If the symlinks are broken, eselect stops working. It does not throw errors -
18 > it just does nothing.
19 > You can't check the links with eselect. eselect only tells you how it should
20 > look. You have to look for yourself (or use symlinks).
21 >
22 then you should also tell him what to look for:
23
24 it should be the /usr/lib/libGL.so link that should point to a fglrx location.
25 for example mine points to the xorg-x11 opengl implementation:
26
27 libGL.so -> //usr/lib64/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/libGL.so
28
29 your's should point to //usr/lib64/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.so or something similar.
30
31 you should also check out the /etc/env.d/03opengl file to see if contains
32 the right path for your amd fglrx opengl implementation. mine points to
33
34 /usr/lib32/opengl/xorg-x11/lib:/usr/lib64/opengl/xorg-x11/lib
35
36 since i'm on multilib and my opengl profile is xorg-x11. i presume
37 your's should
38 point out to
39 /usr/lib32/opengl/ati/lib:/usr/lib64/opengl/ati/lib
40
41 or something similar. check out your ati opengl folder with qlist
42 ati-drivers. this
43 will give you the files that the package ati-drivers owns. if you don't have it
44 installed you can find it inside the portage-utils package.
47 dott. ing. beso