From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Troubleshooting XComposite
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 13:24:02
1 On Samstag 03 Januar 2009, Beso wrote:
2 > 2009/1/2 Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>:
3 > >> Check the symlinks in your system. Give us your xorg.0.log.
4 > >> For me (using some leaked 9.1beta) I have to restart X to get glx (and
5 > >> composite) for some mysterious reasons.
6 > >
7 > > Here's the log. Restarting doesn't help. If by "check the symlinks" you
8 > > mean the OpenGL symlinks, those are correct. Direct rendering works, and
9 > > video acceleration works, too. (A lot better than with the old driver.)
10 >
11 > for the symlinks you just need to see eselect opengl show to see if it
12 > points to the right driver, but from your log i seem to see that it is set
13 > right.
14
15 no.
16 If the symlinks are broken, eselect stops working. It does not throw errors -
17 it just does nothing.
18 You can't check the links with eselect. eselect only tells you how it should
19 look. You have to look for yourself (or use symlinks).