From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Troubleshooting XComposite
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 12:04:59
1 2009/1/2 Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>:
2 >>
3 >> Check the symlinks in your system. Give us your xorg.0.log.
4 >> For me (using some leaked 9.1beta) I have to restart X to get glx (and
5 >> composite) for some mysterious reasons.
6 >>
7 > Here's the log. Restarting doesn't help. If by "check the symlinks" you
8 > mean the OpenGL symlinks, those are correct. Direct rendering works, and
9 > video acceleration works, too. (A lot better than with the old driver.)
10 >
11 for the symlinks you just need to see eselect opengl show to see if it points to
12 the right driver, but from your log i seem to see that it is set right.
15 > The log contains a line that says "AIGLX disabled", but the next line
16 > says "fglrx: Force AIGLX enabled". I'm confused. My Google search
17 > suggests that this isn't a real problem, but I'm not sure. (After all,
18 > Google only finds it mentioned in logs posted by people that do have
19 > problems - it's just that nobody mentions those lines.)
20 >
21 the log says that you have textured video and aiglx enabled. see the
22 lines at the end before
23 the device loading to see this. then you have some issues with the
24 device probing.
25 it seems that you're trying to use the logitech device via hal but you
26 don't have
27 the proper rules in /etc/hal/fdi/policy/
28
29 > A slightly related question: I need a DRI section in my xorg.conf to
30 > make the group of /dev/dri/card0 "video". This feels like a hack.
31 > Shouldn't this work via udev rules?
32 >
33 Section "DRI"
34 Group "video"
36 EndSection
37
38 this has been needed some years ago. i don't know if it's still needed
39 since it's not
40 present anymore inside the xorg.conf.example. i still have it there
41 since i'm not into
42 modifying my xorg configuration now.
45 dott. ing. beso