From: Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Troubleshooting XComposite
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 19:45:49
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > he does not. In fact he does not have to enable anything of this.
3 >
4 > Here is a close to perfect xorg.conf, with composite/aiglx working:
5 >
6 > <snip xorg.conf not containing an extension section>
9 >> you'll also need to enable texturedrender in your device section to
10 >> enable the Xv. i've been not
11 >> using fglrx for some months now (the xf86-video-ati is quite enough
12 >> for my needs) and i don't
13 >> remember all the hacks that are available for fglrx driver. look at
14 >> the phoronix forums for more
15 >> detailed configuration infos about fglrx.
18 > no, he does not.
21 > Check the symlinks in your system. Give us your xorg.0.log.
22 > For me (using some leaked 9.1beta) I have to restart X to get glx (and
23 > composite) for some mysterious reasons.
24 >
25 Here's the log. Restarting doesn't help. If by "check the symlinks" you
26 mean the OpenGL symlinks, those are correct. Direct rendering works, and
27 video acceleration works, too. (A lot better than with the old driver.)
30 The log contains a line that says "AIGLX disabled", but the next line
31 says "fglrx: Force AIGLX enabled". I'm confused. My Google search
32 suggests that this isn't a real problem, but I'm not sure. (After all,
33 Google only finds it mentioned in logs posted by people that do have
34 problems - it's just that nobody mentions those lines.)
35
36 A slightly related question: I need a DRI section in my xorg.conf to
37 make the group of /dev/dri/card0 "video". This feels like a hack.
38 Shouldn't this work via udev rules?
39
40 Sebastian

Xorg.0.log text/plain