From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE will not start on boot
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 13:24:48
1 On Thursday 15 May 2008, Brett Johnson wrote:
2 > On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 01:13:52PM +0100, Paul Stear wrote:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > > I have screwed my system up after doing some deep cleans and
5 > > eix-test-obsolete runs. It appears that the path tp kde is not found
6 > > on boot. If I login to console and then issue startx as a user, kde
7 > > starts. I only achieved this by putting the full path to startkde in
8 > > my user .xinitrc.
9 > >
10 > > I am sure I am missing something stupid.
11 > > Can some kind soul please tell me what I need to do to have kde start
12 > > on boot.
13 >
14 > I don't use KDE, but it sounds like you are missing
15 > /etc/env.d/??kdepaths-?.?. If that is the case, you may want to try and
16 > reinstall kdelibs. On my system /etc/env.d/45kdepaths-3.5 belongs to
17 > kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.8-r3.
18 The /etc/env.d/45kdepaths-3.5 file was missing only a back file in place.
19 So I solved that and rebooted but the same problem.
20 I am now reinstalling kdelibs -- hope that works.
21 Thanks for your reply
22 Paul
26 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
27 --
28 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list