From: Brett Johnson <brett@××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE will not start on boot
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 12:27:25
1 On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 01:13:52PM +0100, Paul Stear wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I have screwed my system up after doing some deep cleans and
4 > eix-test-obsolete runs. It appears that the path tp kde is not found on
5 > boot. If I login to console and then issue startx as a user, kde starts.
6 > I only achieved this by putting the full path to startkde in my
7 > user .xinitrc.
8 >
9 > I am sure I am missing something stupid.
10 > Can some kind soul please tell me what I need to do to have kde start on
11 > boot.
14 I don't use KDE, but it sounds like you are missing
15 /etc/env.d/??kdepaths-?.?. If that is the case, you may want to try and
16 reinstall kdelibs. On my system /etc/env.d/45kdepaths-3.5 belongs to
17 kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.8-r3.
18
19 Hope this helps.
22 Brett Johnson