From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: latest k3b and system locale
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 23:36:15
1 "Mark Haney" <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> posted
2 478228DA.3030701@××××××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Mon, 07 Jan 2008
3 08:27:54 -0500:
4
5 > I upgraded to the latest k3b on Friday (1.0.4) and I really like the
6 > interface and all, but when I run it I get this:
7 >
8 > System locale charset is ANSI_X3.4-1968 [snip]
9 >
10 > I noticed on the notes after the upgrade that k3bsetup isn't included in
11 > the ebuild now. So, my question is, how do I fix this, or is it even a
12 > problem?
13
14 I've been getting the same error here for awhile, but it doesn't seem to
15 be a problem. It's possible it'd be a problem if I were sharing the
16 stuff I burned with folks trying to use it on MSWormOS, but otherwise, it
17 shouldn't be, and I've had no complaints on the couple I did burn for
18 MSWormOS using folks either, so it doesn't seem to be an issue. It may
19 also be a bit of an issue for anyone using multiple languages and
20 character-sets, I'm not sure as I only use English.
21
22 If you were to fix it, however, it'd be by setting your i18n/l10n
23 (internationalization/localization) settings properly. As I only do
24 English, I don't know a whole lot about that, but from what I've read,
25 there were some issues related to that with a recent version of glibc,
26 but I thought they were fixed, now, but you and I might still have a bad
27 version merged, or something else that builds against them that k3b uses
28 merged. It may be as simple as setting an environmental variable
29 correctly, or it might be k3b's detection screwed up. I don't know.
30
31 I do know it hasn't seemed to cause any issues here, tho, so I haven't
32 worried about it. YMMV, of course.
37 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
40 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list