From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Completely remove BIND
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 19:40:32
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Dienstag 02 Dezember 2008, Mark Haney wrote:
3 >> I've done something really stupid and FUBAR'd my BIND install on what
4 >> will be my new slave DNS server. The problem is that no matter what I
5 >> do, when I try to start BIND the system claims 'named is already started'.
6 >>
7 >> What I want to do now is start over, tabula rasa, and rebuild BIND. I've
8 >> tried emerge -C bind bind-tools but when I emerge it back, I still get
9 >> the same problem.
10 >>
11 >> So, any decent, non-system-destructive ways to wipe BIND off the system.
12 >
13 > that is probably just a remnant of the init script. try /etc/init.d/named zap
14 > if that file still exists
18 Nah, I've got bigger problems on this box. Somehow, GCC has been
19 completely hosed. I'll need to rebuild gcc from a liveCD. I have a
20 feeling the HDD on this box is failing.
24 Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
25 quadraturae circuli
26
27 Mark Haney
28 Sr. Systems Administrator
29 ERC Broadband
30 (828) 350-2415
31
32 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support