From: Branko Badrljica <brankob@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Completely remove BIND
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 20:09:23
1 Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 >> On Dienstag 02 Dezember 2008, Mark Haney wrote:
4 >>> I've done something really stupid and FUBAR'd my BIND install on what
5 >>> will be my new slave DNS server. The problem is that no matter what I
6 >>> do, when I try to start BIND the system claims 'named is already
7 >>> started'.
8 >>>
9 >>> What I want to do now is start over, tabula rasa, and rebuild BIND.
10 >>> I've
11 >>> tried emerge -C bind bind-tools but when I emerge it back, I still get
12 >>> the same problem.
13 >>>
14 >>> So, any decent, non-system-destructive ways to wipe BIND off the
15 >>> system.
16 >>
17 >> that is probably just a remnant of the init script. try
18 >> /etc/init.d/named zap if that file still exists
22 > Nah, I've got bigger problems on this box. Somehow, GCC has been
23 > completely hosed. I'll need to rebuild gcc from a liveCD. I have a
24 > feeling the HDD on this box is failing.
27 What system do you have ( x86, x86_64, normal or hardened kernel,
28 selinux or not, which profile etc) ?
29
30 If it's similar to any of mine, I could leave you binpkg of mine gcc on
31 http server for download...